The role of Economic Development is to market the City of Coalinga and facilitate private investment in accordance with established economic development priorities and adopted land use plans and policies.
- Promotion, marketing and facilitation of identified key development opportunities within the City of Coalinga
- Leveraging of federal, state, and local funding to assist private investment in targeted projects and infrastructure improvements
- Coordination with appropriate City departments to facilitate development projects
- Marketing the City of Coalinga to targeted industries, businesses, and commercial retail users
- Retention, expansion, and/or relocation of existing businesses within the City of Coalinga
- Marketing of the Economic Development Strategy to the residents of the City