I am bilingual. Shouldn’t I be getting bilingual pay?

Not necessarily. When an employee is required to use bi-lingual skills on a continuous basis outside of his/her normal and typical job duties, that employee shall be granted $50 a month for use of this skill. The City Manager shall determine the necessity of the use of bilingual skills and the Personnel Officer shall arrange for testing of employees interested in receiving bi-lingual pay prior to the granting of this amount. As information, this is a non-negotiated, management initiated policy and may be modified or withdrawn at any time solely at the discretion of management.

Show All Answers

1. I was injured at work. What do I do?
2. How do I enroll in direct deposit?
3. What do I do if I obtain a second job?
4. Can I see my personnel file?
5. I am bilingual. Shouldn’t I be getting bilingual pay?
6. I’ve had a death in the family. Do I use my vacation leave to attend the services?
7. How do I file for leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA) or Pregnancy Disability Leave Act (PDL)?
8. I have exhausted all of my FMLA, CFRA and/or PDL and I am not yet cleared by my physician to return to work. What do I do?
9. I have a conference with my son’s teacher on a day that I am scheduled to work. What do I do?
10. Can I use my sick leave to stay home and care for my ill child?
11. I would like to vote in the upcoming election, but I am scheduled to work. Doesn’t my supervisor have to let me leave early so I have a chance to vote?
12. want to make a change to my health insurance. How do I do that?
13. I would like to enroll in the ICMA 457 deferred compensation plan. When is open enrollment?